FIRE SAFETY FOR OUR MOST VULNERABLE
PLC Fire Safety Solutions supports hospitals, long-term care facilities and retirement facilities in assessing and addressing their fire and life safety issues. The main risk from fire within any healthcare facility is the danger to their patients including infants, the elderly, mental health patients, and other non-ambulatory patients, as they may be unable to adequately follow egress procedures in an emergency. The life safety features of a facility including active and passive fire protection systems are vital for safeguarding the individuals in the care of the facility during a fire emergency. PLC has the expertise to evaluate smoke barriers, fire barriers, fire alarm systems, fire suppression systems, and means of egress to ensure they are adequate to serve patients, staff, and visitors.
PLC services for Health Care Facilities Include:
- Building and life safety audits;
- Equivalencies development for non-compliant existing conditions;
- Accreditation consulting;
- General fire protection and life safety consulting for new and existing structures;
- Design of fire protection systems; and
- Project management and construction administration services.
PLC also develops Emergency Plans for Health Care facilities with the following information:
- A legend clearly identifying fire safety features including sprinkler, fire detection, etc.;
- Hazardous area locations;
- Fire-rated barrier locations;
- Smoke barrier/smoke compartment locations;
- Sleeping and non-sleeping suite boundaries;
- Waste chute locations;
- Staffing requirements;
- Linen chute locations; and
- Approved equivalencies and/or compensatory measures.